From its exciting cities to its spectacular scenery, Europe has it all, and on this European tour, you'll see its highlights. You'll spend the night in London, Lucerne, Bergamo, and Venice, and two nights each in Paris and Rome. You'll enjoy sightseeing with local experts who will bring the cities and their sights alive, including a Seine cruise in Paris for great views of the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame Cathedral; the Lion Monument in Lucerne, commemorating the Swiss Guards killed during the French Revolution; Signoria Square in Florence, the center of the city's political life since the 14th century; and the Sistine Chapel in Rome, home to Michelangelo's famous ceiling paintings. You'll also ride a funicular in Bergamo, and walk through the narrow streets of Bergamo Alta, participate in a pasta party in Venice, and take a private water-taxi ride through the Grand Canal from Venice's St. Mark's Square. It is not just the cities you will see on this European tour; you will also see some of Europe's beautiful scenery. Admire views of castles and vineyards on the way to the Swiss Alps; enjoy a drive past the beautiful Fontainebleau Forest in France; take an exciting drive along the St. Gotthard highway, which leads straight through the Swiss Alps and the Swiss-Italian Lake District; and cross the Apennine Mountains between Venice and Florence. You'll have VIP access to the must-see attractions on your guided tour of classic European sites. This means that rather than spending your time in long lines, you will spend your time gazing at Michelangelo's masterpieces such as his ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment in the Sistine Chapel and his Pieta in St. Peter's Basilica in Rome. You'll discover the cities and unique highlights of each local on this dream vacation!
Call (504) 838-8702 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13884254
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||London||Welcome to London! Uniformed Globus Hosts are available to help you make the most of your stay.|
|Day 2||Paris||Meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and head for the railway station to board the high-speed EUROSTAR TRAIN to Paris. The perfect introduction to Paris is a SEINE CRUISE with spectacular views of Notre Dame Cathedral and the Eiffel Tower. Later, you may wish to join an optional dinner at a local restaurant to try out French specialties, followed by a drive through the 'City of Light.' (B)|
|Day 3||Paris||Morning guided sightseeing of the world capital of chic and style features the Opera, Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees, and a visit to the renowned Fragonard Museum. An optional excursion is available to the magnificent Louvre Museum with the famous Mona Lisa, and tonight, dinner and show at the Moulin Rouge may just be the ticket! (B)|
|Day 4||Lucerne||Leave Paris, drive past Fontainebleau Forest, and enter Burgundy. Enjoy views of castles and vineyards on your way to the Swiss Alps and to picturesque Lucerne. Your walking tour includes Thorwaldsen's emotional LION MONUMENT, dedicated to the fallen Swiss Guards who protected the Royal House of France during the French Revolution. Walk through the Old Town and cross the CHAPEL BRIDGE to the Jesuit Church. Tonight is your chance to yodel and blow an alphorn during an optional Swiss folklore dinner party. (B)|
|Day 5||Bergamo||In the morning, you may wish to climb Mount Pilatus by cable car and shop for Swiss watches and chocolate. Then, have your cameras ready during an exciting drive along the St. Gotthard highway, which leads straight through the Swiss Alps and the Swiss-Italian Lake District to the Italian border. Arrive in Bergamo, where dinner at a local restaurant awaits you. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Venice||Enjoy [LF] a FUNICULAR RIDE and a walk through the narrow streets of Bergamo Alta, the Old Town on the hill. Then, drive to Venice, city of romantics, and enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT to arrive at ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Admire its basilica, the Clock Tower, lavish Doges' Palace and the Bridge of Sighs, and enjoy a GLASSBLOWER DEMONSTRATION. Then, time to further explore this fascinating city on your own. A PASTA PARTY at Rossopomodoro restaurant is included before boarding your [LF] PRIVATE WATER-TAXI for an exciting ride through the Grand Canal. (B,D)|
|Day 7||Rome||Cross the Apennine Mountains on your way to Florence, 'Cradle of the Renaissance.' A guided walking tour features the cathedral and the Baptistry's 'Gate of Paradise,' and a visit to sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE. Then, continue through the Chianti vineyards and olive-clad Tuscan Hills to Rome, the 'Eternal City.' Upon arrival, dinner awaits you at one of Rome's lively restaurants. (B,D)|
|Day 8||Rome||Globus' unique guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. Then, drive to the Roman Forum and admire the amazing Colosseum, where gladiators once fought. For those who wish to see it all, an optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites, like the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and more. (B)|
|Day 9||Rome||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices are per person, based on double room ccupancy.Single room supplement: $577No triple room reduction.Extra nights per person in London:in single room $191-$281, in twin $109-$152, in triple $103-$143Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $152-$171, in twin $96-$122, in triple $85-$103
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).